Week 6 - Loving Hut

Loving Hut - Queen & Spadina
 Welcome back to Week 6 of The Lazy Vegan Challenge Blog!!!

It's actually been a few weeks since I've posted anything but I'm finally back from hiatus! Because I fell a bit behind, I'll also be posting Week 6 and Week 7 in the next few days since I've been to a few vegan restaurants in between that time lol. So for the next few days I'll have a few awesome reviews lined up for you! :)

Anyhow, for Week 5, I dined in with a few other fellow vegan friends at the "Loving Hut", which is on Queen and Spadina. It's a super cute restaurant that I felt gave off a bright and cheery feeling once you entered. The staff was friendly, patient and most importantly, they did not look at me like a weirdo when I went around taking a bunch of photo's of the restaurant such as their walls and table decor. 


Their menu had a wide variety of options to choose from. There were choices that ranged from burgers, to wraps, to Vietnamese AND Chinese cuisine! We started off with a couple of the appetizers: Fried Wontons and the Spring Rolls. They tasted exactly how I expected them to...like fried wontons and asian spring rolls! That's not necessarily a bad thing. Usually when dining in a restaurant of typical asian cuisine, when ordering familiar dishes, you would usually have an expectation of what certain dishes should taste like. I was quite happy to have experienced that familiar taste. The appetizers were just the beginning!

I also decided to get a mango smoothie which was just extremely refreshing and also just seemed perfect for all the dishes that were ordered. 


I was privileged to be dining with my buds because that meant I was allowed to freely help myself to their plates to sample what they each ordered :)

For myself, I ordered the BBQ and Spring Roll Noodle (top left of the photo) under the Main Dish section on their menu. It's a Vietnamese inspired dish that included soy protein grilled with organic BBQ sauce, herbs, carrots, spring onion, cucumbers, lettuce, rice noodles (or otherwise known as vermicelli) and a spring roll cut in half. I was extremely happy and satisfied with this. If there's any particular taste that I miss prior to this vegan challenge, it's a good ol' bowl of vermicelli with the simple mixed greens and crunchy spring rolls!       

At the top right corner of this photo is the Joy & Happiness Sandwich which included scrambled tofu with organic onion, celery, seaweed, creamy sauce, seasoning and lettuce, served with a side of organic fries. I have to admit, the moment I had a bite, it really did offer happiness. It had such a light yet delectable taste! 

The bottom left photo is the Golden Burst Fried Rice. This had organic tofu, soy protein, broccoli, peas, carrots, and turmeric, which gave it that "golden burst". I had always been fan of asian fried rice. This was another particular taste that I've missed since becoming vegan. Since this night, I had gone back to Loving Hut a couple of times for the fried rice, either to eat it on the side with another dish, or to just take it to go. 

The bottom right photo is the Pad Thai. This consisted of rice noodle, organic tofu, tempeh, soy protein, napa/cabbage, and bell pepper, stir fried in their homemade organic Thai sauce sprinkled with tempeh. It was a bit spicy for me but still very tasty. Honestly everything there was just delightful and tasty. 


And let's not forget about desserts! How happy was I when I realized that not only did I enjoy every dish that we ordered, but to have the option of amazing sweet treats awaiting for us afterwards! Mind you, I've been to a lot of Vietnamese and Chinese restaurants in this Chinatown area, but I would never usually consider having dessert after chowing down a bowl of Pho. 

Anyway, on the left is the Wild Blueberry Cheesecake and on the right is the Chocolate Cheesecake. Since these two were being shared by 4 people, it was alright but if you come here by yourself, it may be a bit bizarre to order two slices of different desserts, but I highly recommend this combination! They were both delicious, but when you mixed them together, they were amazing! I'm a cheesecake lover so having more than one cheesecake flavoured option gave these guys extra points. 

I don't know why I have never been here before but I give them a 5/5 and can definitely mark them as one of my top faves! :)

**All photo's are taken by me from my iPhone :)


Follow Me On:

Vegan Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory


No comments:

Post a Comment